07 January 2010

Mai strengthss

People depend on me for word definitions and movie plotlines...I'm pretty widely known for A) having an extensive vocabulary and B) having a vast repertoire of movie knowledge. I mean, of course I have other strengths and skills: I'm a pretty good writer, I'm obviously a decent actress, I've been told I'm a "good friend," my grammar and spelling are exceptional, and...what else...I don't know, I know a lot of stuff about King Arthur and archaic mythology and religion. But when I think of things that my friends KNOW they can count on me for, the two things that stick out are words and movies.
Those also happen to be my two favorite things in the world...so I guess it shows. Until eighth grade, I went to a Montessori school, which meant that I was allowed to work at my own pace in academic subjects. I found vocabulary so easy that I worked way ahead in it, setting up deals with my teacher where instead of doing the entire chapter in our vocabulary books, I would do a few pages, and then take the test, but I'd take two a week instead of one, which was the minimum. I think that's probably what contributes to my word knowledge. That and the fact that I read a lot, and I read a lot of higher level books as a child.
I don't even know how I know so much about movies. I just watch a lot of movies because I love movies. I eventually hope to work in the film industry...as I'm sure I've said before.

Okay that's all I can think of to write. So...do svidaniya.

2 comments:

BECK said...

Are you a communist now, comrade?

Unknown said...

Stephen King
http://iwl.me/s/b3a26720

Old...