09 December 2009

ohhh boy

I've just been given one hundred thousand theoretical dollars. Great. Apparently, I have to give half of it away - THAT'S FIFTY GRAND! - to a charity of my choosing. I've decided that I'm going to give it to EngenderHealth, an organization created to help women in third-world and developing countries safely give birth, or prevent unwanted pregnancy. Healthcare in the third world is often outdated and lacking sufficient equipment, and the odds of surviving childbirth is like "Russian roulette" (http://www.engenderhealth.org/eoy-childbirth.html). I think that supporting the development of these third-world countries is very important, and I think that a lot of money being put into policing the rest of the world should be put into training health professionals and setting up hospitals for these often poverty-wrecked countries. It's vital that we provide them with the tools necessary so that they can take care of themselves while their country struggles to its feet.

The rest of the money would probably go towards getting me a new car (a Volvo SUV [because they drive soooo smooth, not because of Volvo's endorsement of New Moon], preferably '06 or '07, black. I estimate that, with my dealership ties, it should come to around fourteen grand) and then a down payment on a house in Michigan for my mom to live in while I go to school in NYC. Anything that's leftover will be invested in a Macbook/new wardrobe for college ;) kukuku.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Corey. i just wanted to say... i always wanted to be you and Rebeccas friend's. Can I sit with you guys in english tomorrow? :-)

Unknown said...

Volvo's rock, screw Edward and his endorsements. He's a wimpy vampire, anyways, he doesn't deserve a Volvo. I like your charity too, glad someone sticking with the third world.

Unknown said...

Stephen King
http://iwl.me/s/b3a26720

Old...