16 November 2009

l'economie

The economy right now is bad. It's mostly due to banks and creditors giving out bad loans and stuff. A lot of top economists are blaming the financial director of AIG. I'm not sure why, it was this really ridiculously long article in a magazine and I sort of just skimmed over it while I was hanging out the doctor's when I had swine flu.

The economy hasn't really affected my family...my mom works at a car dealership owned by a good friend of hers, so she's not in any danger of losing her job. Luckily for us, used cars are in demand now because no one can afford a new car (despite the "Cash for Clunkers" failure).

But senior year sure is getting to be expensive. ACT: $32. SAT: $45. SAT Subject Tests: $60. NYU Application fee: $65. NYU Audition fee: $50. Trip to New York for audition: $$$EXPENSIVE. Not to mention if I DON'T get in to my top choice, all the other colleges I plan on applying to have application fees of no less than $50 each. IT'S FREAKING RIDICULOUS. I honestly feel like they don't WANT kids to be going to college. Why does it have to be so expensive? Like, aside from tuition itself -- I could build an empire on the projected costs of tuition at my first choice university -- simply applying, taking tests, it adds up.

And plus, I have to help pay insurance on my car and keep gas in it. This year is too expensive. I better get famous and bank off my small-fortune college experience.

3 comments:

BECK said...

Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Chuck Palahniuk. Lucky.
http://iwl.me/s/2b568272

Old...